From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good arguments to use Gentoo Linux?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:07:18
1 Givernaud Omar wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > - Gentoo has an important, active, community
5 > - Completly configurable
6 > - power of portage
9 > Best regards
10 >
11 > Trax
12 >
13 > qfpvajdy wrote:
14 >
15 >> Hello,
16 >>
17 >> I would like to convince my boss and my collegues to use Gentoo GNU/Linux at the company office for the desktop system (and maybe one day also for servers).
18 >> Currently everybody uses its own Linux/Unix system, but soon we could be forced to uses for everybody only one system.
19 >> I must probably convince the people to use Gentoo Linux against RedHat Scientific Linux and FreeBSD.
20 >>
21 >> Does somebody has some good key arguments?
22 >>
23 >> The mines are:
24 >> - newests packages with newests security updates, encryption support and full integreated KDE desktop to be used in office without problems
25 >> - high performance desktop
26 >>
27 >> Best regards,
28 >> saf
35 Bottom posting here. :D
36
37 Also has some of the best docs there is. I know because most of the
38 time when I have a problem, someone points me to them. ;-)
39
40 Dale
41
45 www.myspace.com/dalek1967