From: Givernaud Omar <givernao@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good arguments to use Gentoo Linux?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:53:09
1 Hello,
2
3 - Gentoo has an important, active, community
4 - Completly configurable
5 - power of portage
8 Best regards
9
10 Trax
11
12 qfpvajdy wrote:
13 > Hello,
14 >
15 > I would like to convince my boss and my collegues to use Gentoo GNU/Linux at the company office for the desktop system (and maybe one day also for servers).
16 > Currently everybody uses its own Linux/Unix system, but soon we could be forced to uses for everybody only one system.
17 > I must probably convince the people to use Gentoo Linux against RedHat Scientific Linux and FreeBSD.
18 >
19 > Does somebody has some good key arguments?
20 >
21 > The mines are:
22 > - newests packages with newests security updates, encryption support and full integreated KDE desktop to be used in office without problems
23 > - high performance desktop
24 >
25 > Best regards,
26 > saf