From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg.conf changes and dual screen setup
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:37:29
1 > Now my ~/bin/Xinitialize begins
2 >
3 > #!/bin/sh
4 > sleep 2
5 >
6 > if xrandr | grep "VGA connected" ; then
7 > xrandr --verbose --output VGA --mode 1600x1200 --output LVDS --off
8 > else
9 > xrandr --verbose --output VGA --off --output LVDS --mode 1680x1050
10 > fi
11 > xset s reset # above seems to blank the screen
12 > sleep 3
13 >
14 > This sets 1600x1200 and turns off the laptop screen when the ext
15 > monitor is in. It sets 1680x1050 and turns off driving the external
16 > monitor connector (which may well be a useless step) when there is no
17 > ext monitor connected.
18
19 Thanks for your answer, i will try if i can get it working like this
20 but randr doesn't seem to work on the secondary device. I have heard
21 that nvidia cards doesn't support randr 1.2 so i will give it a try
22 with randr disabled in my configuration.
23
24 One thing is that i want the two screens (where i can move between
25 with the mouse) avaialable not only one. I would also prefer a
26 solution which works with the xorg configuration file.
27
28 Regards,
29
30 Daniel