From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML editor WYSIWYG
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 18:54:37
1 On 03/17/13 07:35, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 >On 17 March 2013, at 04:07, Joseph wrote:
4 >>> ...
5 >>> Better than define "user-friendly"...how about describing what you're
6 >>> trying to do? How large a project is this?
7 >>
8 >> I wanted something like Nvu, I used long, time ago WYSIWYG
9 >> I don't have time to play with those tags. I just want to type in some text, change the font size if I have to, place some picture beside it; save it an upload.
10 >> I bluefish I was presented with pure html coding :-/
11 >
12 >Can't you export to HTML from the word-processor in Open Office? (LibreOffice, AbiWord, whatever).
13 >
14 >HTML seems generally unsuited for WYSIWYG, as different browsers will render differently. That may not be a problem for the kind of really simple stuff you have in mind, but I guess there may not be much development in this area.
15 >
16 >Stroller.
17
18 Yes, OpenOffice exports to HTML but I'm modifying an existing document and it looks strange.
19 I've in stalled on Windows XP "kompozer" as it is not available on Gentoo and it works similar like Nvu.
22 Joseph