From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HTML editor WYSIWYG
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:36:47
1 On 17 March 2013, at 04:07, Joseph wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> Better than define "user-friendly"...how about describing what you're
4 >> trying to do? How large a project is this?
5 >
6 > I wanted something like Nvu, I used long, time ago WYSIWYG
7 > I don't have time to play with those tags. I just want to type in some text, change the font size if I have to, place some picture beside it; save it an upload.
8 > I bluefish I was presented with pure html coding :-/
9
10 Can't you export to HTML from the word-processor in Open Office? (LibreOffice, AbiWord, whatever).
11
12 HTML seems generally unsuited for WYSIWYG, as different browsers will render differently. That may not be a problem for the kind of really simple stuff you have in mind, but I guess there may not be much development in this area.
13
14 Stroller.