From: "Octavio Ruiz (Ta^3)" <tacvbo@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "wiping" unused space and/or secure erasing of files
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:40:18
1 Alexander Skwar, who happens to be smarter than you, thinks:
2 > Dale schrieb:
3 >
4 > > Those forensics folks sure are good though. I have heard they can get
5 > > it back even after you have wrote alternating 1's and 0's to the drive a
6 > > dozen times.
7 >
8 > Where have you heard that? I don't think they can do that.
9
10 Yes, they can.
11
12 In a magnetic medium they are techniques to identify when a sector are
13 storing an 0, and before that 0 was an 1 and before that another 1... I
14 suppose is a high precision measurement of magnetic freqs.
17 People humiliating a salami!
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list