From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: stealth ethernet
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:37:38
1 James wrote:
2 > William Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
3 >
4 >>wirecutters/stanley knife as appropriate - cut the tx wires in the cable
5 >>to the card. In one case where the box had to absolutely silent (hacker
6 >>proof, undetectable monitoring - think it was the honeypot project where
7 >>I saw this one?), the wires from the socket to the circuit board on the
8 >>card itself were cut.
9 >
10 > Actually, I was thinking of of a simple relay circuit, controlled
11 > via the rs232 serial port to open circuit the TX wires. This is
12 > a last resort, as I'd rather find something in software, that
13 > is 100% stealth....
16 Have you tried just bringing up the interface without an IP like the
17 article mentioned? That's always worked for me in BSD and Solaris, can't
18 imagine Gentoo is going to be too different.
19
20 This seems like far too much speculation and wackiness for something
21 that's pretty straightforward.
22
23 kashani
24 --