From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: stealth ethernet
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:01:49
1 William Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
4 > wirecutters/stanley knife as appropriate - cut the tx wires in the cable
5 > to the card. In one case where the box had to absolutely silent (hacker
6 > proof, undetectable monitoring - think it was the honeypot project where
7 > I saw this one?), the wires from the socket to the circuit board on the
8 > card itself were cut.
11 Actually, I was thinking of of a simple relay circuit, controlled
12 via the rs232 serial port to open circuit the TX wires. This is
13 a last resort, as I'd rather find something in software, that
14 is 100% stealth....
17 thanks
18 James
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list