From: Ralf Stephan <ralf@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something's killing my xfce panel/decorations
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:39:20
1 Steve wrote
2 > Ralf Stephan wrote:
3 > >Hello,
4 > >I have a stable (+unstable gtk) i86/xorg soundless installation
5 > >with a bare bones xfce4 desktop. My only problem is that, after
6 > >one two weeks, the xfce-panel disappears and newly started apps
7 > >are missing the window decorations. They keep missing, even if
8 > >I restart the panel manually. So I have to restart X which is a
9 > >PITA. Have you seen this? Do you have a recommendation?
12 > Upgrading GTK and or its libs sometimes introduce small quirks into XFCE,
13 > I've noticed. Generally, I just re-emerge all the XFCE packages and I'm
14 > good to go.
15
16 Excellent idea. Many thanks!
19 Regards,