From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something's killing my xfce panel/decorations
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:42:31
1 Ralf Stephan wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I have a stable (+unstable gtk) i86/xorg soundless installation
4 > with a bare bones xfce4 desktop. My only problem is that, after
5 > one two weeks, the xfce-panel disappears and newly started apps
6 > are missing the window decorations. They keep missing, even if
7 > I restart the panel manually. So I have to restart X which is a
8 > PITA. Have you seen this? Do you have a recommendation?
11 Upgrading GTK and or its libs sometimes introduce small quirks into XFCE, I've
12 noticed. Generally, I just re-emerge all the XFCE packages and I'm good to go.
13
14 Something like this should work:
15
16 # emerge gentoolkit
17 # equery l > /tmp/equery
18 # for x in `grep xfce /tmp/equery`; do emerge =$x; done;
19
20 Steve
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list