From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA - No Sound
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:49:00
1 On 2011-01-23 14:23, dhk wrote:
2
3 > The Sound Blaster didn't work either. Should I try enabling the
4 > deprecated OSS in the kernel?
5
6 You can always try it but I highly doubt it would improve the situation...
7
8 What sound related USE flags have you enabled (i.e. alsa, oss[for
9 compatibility] etc.)?
10
11 Are you using any sound daemons (like Esound or Pulseaudio)? Shut them
12 down. Are you sure you've plugged the speaker/headphone cable(s) into
13 the right jack? Whenever I install a new computer I always put some
14 music on and try the different audio jacks to find the right one. How do
15 you play sound to verify that you have (or not, in your case) sound? For
16 the last part I would advise to keep it as simple as possible i.e. try
17 ogg123 or mpg123 or mplayer (as an example).
18
19 Best regards
20
21 Peter K