From: David Wei <davidwei@×××××××××××.cn>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto erase the "Insert root floppy and press enter" item before the kernel panic?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 02:33:03
1 Sorry, I forgot that file .
2 the .config is in the attachment this time.
3 Thank you .
4
5 On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:05:36 -0400
6 "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > 2008/10/10 David Wei <davidwei@×××××××××××.cn>:
9 > > Hi,
10 > > I am trying kexec with "kernel panic reboot" cause i have to manage my server remotely.
11 > > the "kernel panic reboot" (http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Kernel_Panic_Reboot) has beening working so good so far for the regular kernel panic.However,sometimes when i were missed some file system items,the booking process would ask me:
12 > > "VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS,trying floppy
13 > > Insert root floppy and Press Enter."
14 > > And the system hungup there waiting for my Enter.
15 > > How can I remove this item from the booting process and panic directly so that it can reboot? Besides,I want to keep the NFS service.
16 > > Thank you in advance.
17 > I'm guessing that this is due to the floppy being compiled into the
18 > emergency kernel.
19 > In any case, can you post your .config for the emergency kernel?
20 >
21 > --
22 > Andrey Vul
23 >
24 > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
25 > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
26 > A: Top-posting.
27 > Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
32 魏亮 David Wei
33
34 您可以通过下面的方式和我联系:
35 MSN: inadavid@×××××××.com