From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto erase the "Insert root floppy and press enter" item before the kernel panic?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:05:39
1 2008/10/10 David Wei <davidwei@×××××××××××.cn>:
2 > Hi,
3 > I am trying kexec with "kernel panic reboot" cause i have to manage my server remotely.
4 > the "kernel panic reboot" (http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Kernel_Panic_Reboot) has beening working so good so far for the regular kernel panic.However,sometimes when i were missed some file system items,the booking process would ask me:
5 > "VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS,trying floppy
6 > Insert root floppy and Press Enter."
7 > And the system hungup there waiting for my Enter.
8 > How can I remove this item from the booting process and panic directly so that it can reboot? Besides,I want to keep the NFS service.
9 > Thank you in advance.
10 I'm guessing that this is due to the floppy being compiled into the
11 emergency kernel.
12 In any case, can you post your .config for the emergency kernel?
15 Andrey Vul
16
17 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
18 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
19 A: Top-posting.
20 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?