From: David Wei <davidwei@×××××××××××.cn>
To: gentoo-user maillist <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Cc: xofyarg@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] Howto erase the "Insert root floppy and press enter" item before the kernel panic?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:33:34
1 Hi,
2 I am trying kexec with "kernel panic reboot" cause i have to manage my server remotely.
3 the "kernel panic reboot" (http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Kernel_Panic_Reboot) has beening working so good so far for the regular kernel panic.However,sometimes when i were missed some file system items,the booking process would ask me:
4 "VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS,trying floppy
5 Insert root floppy and Press Enter."
6 And the system hungup there waiting for my Enter.
7 How can I remove this item from the booting process and panic directly so that it can reboot? Besides,I want to keep the NFS service.
8 Thank you in advance.
9
11 魏亮 David Wei
12