From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Unpacking an ISO Image
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:25:09
1 On Tue, 16 May 2006 10:18:53 -0500, Kris Kerwin wrote:
2
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > Quick question. Is there any way that one can unpack an ISO image:
6 > extracting the data that is contained within it like a tarball,
7 > without having to burn it to a CD? I'm sure there's an option
8 > somewhere within either the mkisofs or cdrecord man pages, but I feel
9 > like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance.
12 >
13 > Kris
14
15 OR, without using mount at all!
16
17 Use mc in a terminal, highlight the file and press [Enter]. It will open
18 it up like a directory. Other Virtual File System managers can also do
19 this. Try Nautilus or the KDE file manager. In addition you can use avfs
20 with fuse. All without having to issue a mount command :)
24 Peter
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list