From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo on ssds? intel anyone?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:06:41
1 Am 20.11.2009 00:05, schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
2
3 > since ssds don't like write/erase cycles you should only put your system on
4 > the ssd. Everything else, PORTDIR, PKGDIR, /var, /tmp, /usr/tmp and /usr/src
5 > should be on a harddisk.
6
7 What do you think about /home ? ssd or hdd ?
8
9 I tend to ssd as my thunderbird-3-profile-dir is in there as well and
10 might profit much of the local caching/indexin of my imap-dirs ...
11
12 Looking forward to getting my shiny new ssd, my dealer informed me that
13 he will send it tomorrow ;-)
14
15 Stefan