From: "Jorge Martínez López" <jorgeml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:15:41
1 Hello!
2
3 2012/3/11 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
4
5 >> The next step was to remove /usr from /etc/fstab to prevent /usr from
6 >> being mounted twice (the boot process does not like it).
7 >
8 > Mmmh. Could you try to use LABEL= in /etc/fstab (not /etc/fstab), and
9 > see if that way it gets mounted, and only once? The udev developers
10 > recommend using either UUID or LABEL; and LABEL it's easier (and
11 > prettier) to set.
12
13 I actually did not remove it:
14 /dev/mapper/vg-usr /usr ext4 noauto,noatime 1 2
15
16 I am afraid of what would happen if I remove noauto. As far as I
17 recall the boot procedure aborted.
20 >> The last obstacle is /etc/mtab. By the time /usr is mounted I believe
21 >> / is mounted as read only, so mount cannot update /etc/mtab. The
22 >> trivial solutions is to delete /etc/mtab and make it a symlink to
23 >> /proc/mounts . In that case it is always up to date.
24 >
25 > I think the link is to /proc/self/mounts; /proc/mounts it's a link to
26 > it, actually.
27
28 You are right.
29