From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using python 2.7
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 01:04:39
1 Paige Thompson wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't think I removed it, just figured out how to change it with
4 > eselect. Here's what I mean:
7 > laptop#eselect python
8 > Usage: eselect python <action> <options>
9 >
10 > Standard actions:
11 > help Display help text
12 > usage Display usage information
13 > version Display version information
14 >
15 > Extra actions:
16 > list List installed Python interpreters
17 > --python2 List installed Python 2 interpreters
18 > --python3 List installed Python 3 interpreters
19 > set <target> Set main active Python interpreter
20 > --python2 Set active Python 2 interpreter without
21 > setting of main active Python interpreter if it is not set to Python 2
22 > --python3 Set active Python 3 interpreter without
23 > setting of main active Python interpreter if it is not set to Python 3
24 > show Show main active Python interpreter
25 > --ABI Show Python ABI in format of PYTHON_ABI
26 > variable
27 > --python2 Show active Python 2 interpreter
28 > --python3 Show active Python 3 interpreter
29 > update Switch to the most recent CPython interpreter
30 > --if-unset Do not override existing implementation
31 > --ignore SLOT Ignore SLOT when setting symlinks
32 > --python2 Set active Python 2 interpreter without
33 > setting of main active Python interpreter if it is not set to Python 2
34 > --python3 Set active Python 3 interpreter without
35 > setting of main active Python interpreter if it is not set to Python 3
36 > laptop#
39 > >From this information I wouldn't expect :
40 >
41 > laptop#eselect python set python2.7
42 > laptop#
43 >
44 > To have been correct... since it lists --python2 and --python3 below
45 > "set" in the help but:
46 >
47 > laptop#python --version
48 > Python 2.7.7
49 > laptop#
50 >
51 > It does, and thats pretty much all I needed. No need to unmerge anything
52 > but the thought did cross my mind and if I were going to I would've made
53 > a binpkg first.
54 >
55 > Thanks,
56 >
57 > -Paige
60 You may want to look into the buildpkg option in make.conf. It builds
61 them automatically for you as you emerge things. I've had a close call
62 or two so I have had that set for many years now. If you do set that,
63 remember to use eclean-pkg on occasion if you start using a lot of hard
64 drive space.
65
66 You also may want to look into eclean-dist too. ;-)
67
68 Dale
69