From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some problems while migrating to 64bit
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:09:54
1 2010/9/15 <meino.cramer@×××.de>:
2 > thank you for your reply and explanations, Jesus! :)
3
4 You are welcome. :)
5
6 > The problems are nearly gone in the meanwhile: The HAL-flag
7 > was missing for the xorg-sevrer (1.7), after that mouse was
8 > recognized and the keyboard was fully functional (with pipes) again.
9
10 Yes. 1.7 needs USE=hal to be able to use .fdi based configs. Bear in
11 mind what I said in the other mail though: in the future hal will be
12 gone, so save that bookmark for the next time your mouse and keyboard
13 stop working.
14
15 > Fonts: I simply missed to install a couple of fonts. But why they
16 > was not in my old "world" file...dont know.
17
18 Maybe you installed them manually, that's not uncommon when it comes
19 to fonts. Installing fonts for a given user is a matter of copying
20 them into ~/.fonts/, some desktops like kde might have GUIs to do the
21 same task.
25 Jesús Guerrero Botella