From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 has holes since updating Qt [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:51:57
1 On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Freitag 24 April 2009, Paul Hartman wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I updated Qt earlier today, and rebuilt kdelibs, PyQt4, qt-opengl, and
7 >> all of my qt-related themes, but apparently I've missed something
8 >> because there are still "holes": outlines of buttons or windows with
9 >> no content. The most important of which is the Kicker menu. I can
10 >> change it to "classic" mode and use it, but when I set it to kicker
11 >> mode it's just an outline. This happened to me a long time ago and I
12 >> can't remember what I had to rebuild to fix it. I'm sure I am just
13 >> missing something easy.
14 >>
15 >> Also, is there a command that can scan my system and tell me which
16 >> programs need to be rebuild after a Qt update? I seem to go through
17 >> this every time. :)
18 >>
19 >> Thanks,
20 >> Paul
21 >
22 > there is a big, fat bug in qt-4.5.1. AFAIK it is fixed in their svn and in
23 > kde's qt-copy version. You might want to try this versions from the qting-edge
24 > overlay.
25
26 Dear Volker Armin,
27
28 THANK YOU for this tip. Now that I'm using qt-live-kde set with
29 qt-copy USE flag, not only did it fix the problem I had with "holes",
30 but it also fixed performance in nxserver tremendously. KDE apps ever
31 since KDE4, especially Akregator and Konqueror, used to have CRAZY
32 redraws, and now they operate perfectly. It's a nice bonus. :)
33
34 Thanks again.