From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sans-dbus was: gnome intrusion?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 18:40:32
1 Am Sat, 19 Nov 2016 17:15:27 -0500
2 schrieb Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>:
3
4 > On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Miroslav Rovis
6 > > <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >> Ah, I almost forgot. Gentoo is as default (OpenRC) without dbus!
9 > >> Have a look:
10 > >>
11 > >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Comparison_of_init_systems
12 > >>
13 > >> There is no D-Bus under "Main dependencies" for OpenRC (I really
14 > >> like OpenRC...)
15 > >
16 > > There's no reason that the fact that OpenRC doesn't depend on dbus
17 > > should imply that something higher up the stack cannot depend on
18 > > dbus!
19 >
20 > I'd also comment that utilizing dbus and spawning random processes
21 > that you don't understand are orthogonal issues. Dbus is just an IPC
22 > mechanism.
23
24 It's actually not dbus' fault that at-spi2 is launched... It's just a
25 side-effect of at-spi2 being an IPC built ontop of dbus.
26
27 What I don't like is that at-spi2 launches it's own dbus instance. Why
28 not just join the bus that's already there?
31 Regards,
32 Kai
33
34 Replies to list-only preferred.