From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] See bootup/poweroff screen?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:13:23
1 On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 09:38:07 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >> I personally use dracut which has quite a few bells and whistles. If
5 >> you're using systemd as has already been pointed out it runs the
6 >> journal during early boot and merges it into the system journal when
7 >> it pivots. I believe that if you're not using systemd it captures
8 >> whatever it does to a log file in /run,
9 >
10 > My understanding of the man page is that it only does that if you use the
11 > rd.debug option.
12
13 That wouldn't surprise me. I tend to use that option since I run
14 stuff like root on btrfs, or root on nfs with kernel/initramfs over
15 PXE and such - so you can imagine I'm a bit more likely to run into
16 bugs than the typical root-on-ext4-sda1 sort.
19 Rich