From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Email encodings (was Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros )
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:37:54
2 > > From the headers of his email:
3 > >
4 > > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros
5 > > References: <51418728.7020406@×××××.com>
6 > > In-Reply-To: <51418728.7020406@×××××.com>
7 > > Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
8 > > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
9 > >
10 > > It's perfectly compliant. You may want to correct your mail client to
11 > > understand HTML.
12 > >
13 > > (Admittedly, it's unusual to see email clients send *only* text/html,
14 > > rather than a multipart message with two different encodings.)
17 > ROFL. It's called "me wrestling with thunderbird to try to remove html
18 > formatting but failing".
19
20 Compulsory html annoys me on Android (If only you could have proper
21 programs like Nokias N9 had claws)
22
23 Claws would mean you needn't bother and still have html to text by
24 default and can even enable html plugins if desired (right way around).
29
30 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
31 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
32 universal interface'
33
34 (Doug McIlroy)