From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Email encodings (was Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros )
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:06:38
1 On Friday 15 Mar 2013 17:36:48 Kevin Chadwick wrote:
2 > > > From the headers of his email:
3 > > >
4 > > > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros
5 > > > References: <51418728.7020406@×××××.com>
6 > > > In-Reply-To: <51418728.7020406@×××××.com>
7 > > > Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
8 > > > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
9 > > >
10 > > > It's perfectly compliant. You may want to correct your mail client to
11 > > > understand HTML.
12 > > >
13 > > > (Admittedly, it's unusual to see email clients send *only* text/html,
14 > > > rather than a multipart message with two different encodings.)
15 > >
16 > > ROFL. It's called "me wrestling with thunderbird to try to remove html
17 > > formatting but failing".
18 >
19 > Compulsory html annoys me on Android (If only you could have proper
20 > programs like Nokias N9 had claws)
21 >
22 > Claws would mean you needn't bother and still have html to text by
23 > default and can even enable html plugins if desired (right way around).
26 I understand that you can specify what sort of mail format you want to send
27 per email recipient, including of course <gentoo-user@l.g.o>, but I
28 don't have T'bird installed to check:
29
30 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_(Thunderbird)
31
32 HTH.