From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Email encodings (was Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros )
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:38:53
6 On 03/16/2013 04:06 AM, Mick wrote:
On Friday 15 Mar 2013 17:36:48 Kevin Chadwick wrote:
From the headers of his email:
15
16 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros
17 References: <51418728.7020406@×××××.com>
18 In-Reply-To: <51418728.7020406@×××××.com>
19 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
20 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
21
22 It's perfectly compliant. You may want to correct your mail client to
23 understand HTML.
24
25 (Admittedly, it's unusual to see email clients send *only* text/html,
26 rather than a multipart message with two different encodings.)
ROFL. It's called "me wrestling with thunderbird to try to remove html
30 formatting but failing".
Compulsory html annoys me on Android (If only you could have proper
34 programs like Nokias N9 had claws)
35
36 Claws would mean you needn't bother and still have html to text by
37 default and can even enable html plugins if desired (right way around).
41 I understand that you can specify what sort of mail format you want to send
42 per email recipient, including of course <gentoo-user@l.g.o>, but I
43 don't have T'bird installed to check:
44
45 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_(Thunderbird)
46
47 HTH.
51 I know about that. But it fails to work on compose windows opened by
52 the thunderbird conversations plugin. Quotes there seem to be
53 hard-quoted as HTML and no amount of fiddling converts those into
54 plaintext quotes.