From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-boot on openrc
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:03:59
1 On Sunday, 17 April 2022 12:13:06 -00 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 --->8
4 > It looks like this is cause my using mixed keywords, amd64 for udev and
5 > ~amd64 for systemd-boot/utils. Does keywording udev-250 resolve the
6 > blocks?
7
8 Yes, after keywording several others, thus:
9
10 ~sys-apps/systemd-tmpfiles-249.9
11 ~sys-apps/systemd-utils-250.4
12 ~sys-fs/udev-250
13 ~virtual/tmpfiles-0-r2
14
15 But then, after rebooting because of the udev update, systemd-boot-250-r1 has
16 come in. I can't revert those keywords though, because then I'd have to ditch
17 elogind in favour of systemd. I really do not want to do that.
18
19 So I have a running system now - thanks. If this gets more complicated in
20 future, I can always try blocking =>sys-boot/systemd-boot-250.
21
22 > > On another system, ~amd64 openrc, I was
23 > > told to set USE=boot on systemd-utils, so I did that and now when I
24 > > boot I have no mouse or keyboard.
25 > >
26 > > Is this the end of the road for systemd-boot on openrc?
27 >
28 > I think that USE flag just causes the systemd-boot part of systemd-utils
29 > to be built. systemd-boot itself is just a virtual now. It doesn't sound
30 > like that would cause this problem, did you emerge anything X related at
31 > the same time?
32
33 Nope, nothing else. And I forgot to say that smartd failed to start on that
34 machine too, with nothing in dmesg or /var/log/messages. (I'm working on that
35 machine via ssh.)
38 Regards,
39 Peter.