From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-networkd: simpler config for my network
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:25:29
1 Am 15.04.2014 19:25, schrieb Pavel Volkov:
2 > On Tuesday, 15 April 2014 18:04:54 MSK, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >> Did you test it?
4 >>
5 >> I think it just works ...
8 > Not yet, but it seems weird to have DHCP= for DHCPv4 and not to have any
9 > options (DHCPv6/SLAAC/unconfigured) for IPv6. Only Address= for static
10 > address.
11 >
12 > Here is another problem. I need to issue this command:
13 > "ip token set ::2/64 dev br0"
14 > 1. after the bridge device is created
15 > 2. before IP address is configured on it
16 >
17 > netctl still seems a lot more capable than systemd-networkd...
18 > And netctl runs separate services (line netctl@××××.service) for
19 > separate interfaces unlike systemd-networkd, you can create more custom
20 > deps on top of it.
21
22 Aside from not knowing the solution for your issues and aside from just
23 defending systemd:
24
25 systemd-networkd is still in development and very new ...
26
27 And it is not meant to be a drop-in replacement for big guns like
28 gnome-networkmanager or netctl, but just a simple tool for static setups.
29
30 Tom Gundersen, one of the main coders said "IPv6 support is so far very
31 basic (you can set static IPv6 addresses, and that's it). We plan to
32 support it fully in the future though."
33
34 -> https://plus.google.com/+TomGundersen/posts/8d1tzMJWppJ
35
36 Maybe things developed since then.
37
38 You might ask your questions on the systemd-devel-ml and share your
39 experience?
40
41 Stefan