From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB crucial file recovery
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 00:08:39
1 >> > And why use exfat if you use linux? It is just not needed at all.
2 >>
3 >> I agree. If you want to transport something between Linux systems,
4 >> use ext2/3 and use "mount" options to handle the permission issues.
5 >
6 > You can't control ownership and permissions of existing files with mount
7 > options on a Linux filesystem. See man mount.
10 So in order to use a USB stick between multiple Gentoo systems with
11 ext2, I need to make sure my users have matching UIDs/GIDs? I think
12 this is how I ended up on NTFS in the first place. Is there a
13 filesystem that will make that unnecessary and exhibit better
14 reliability than NTFS?
15
16 - Grant