From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [partially OT] USB wifi adapters that are supported out of the box?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:25:36
1 On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:39:10 +0200, brullo nulla wrote:
2
3 > > Edimax USB adaptors use the zd1211 driver, which is in the kernel
4 > > now.
5 >
6 > In the kernel "now" what does it means? from what kernel version?
7 > I would need something supported even by a 2.6.12 kernel...
8
9 Now refers to the current kernel, 2.6.18. For earlier kernels, emerge
10 zd1211. I was using this with my iBook for almost a year, before the
11 bcm43xx drivers became available. The only problem I had with the Edimax
12 USB stick is that it snapped off when my grandson knocked the laptop onto
13 the floor :(
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 All wight - Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?