From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to fix a hefty (emerge) blocking problem
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:45:11
1 Am Mittwoch, 12. November 2008 18:58:10 schrieb Harry Putnam:
2
3 > I've allowed my desktop OS to become somewhat outdated.  And I haven't
4 > followed all the recent changes to gentoo, so of course I am a little
5 > baffled by what appears to a real mess of overlapping dependencies or
6 > something causing 16 different blocking problems.
7
8 From the output you gave, I would suggest that you
9
10 1) update portage to the latest (evantually keyword masked) version. This
11 should be able to ignore blocks.
12
13 2) Adjust your VIDEO_CARDS, I don't think you have that many cards plugged
14 into your machine.
15
16 3) There seem to be blocks between monolithic and splitted kde/qt (kde*-meta)
17 ebuilds. Decide which ones to use and remove the others. qt you need to
18 eventually update separatedly, i.e. emerge qt.
19
20 4) update world with the "ignore blocks" option turned on (don't know which
21 that is, since I use paludis).
22
23 5) emerge --depclean (-p) to remove the cruft.
24
25 HTH...
26
27 Dirk