From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to fix a hefty (emerge) blocking problem
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:04:07
1 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > From the output you gave, I would suggest that you
4 >
5 > 1) update portage to the latest (evantually keyword masked) version. This
6 > should be able to ignore blocks.
7 >
8 > 2) Adjust your VIDEO_CARDS, I don't think you have that many cards plugged
9 > into your machine.
10 >
11 > 3) There seem to be blocks between monolithic and splitted kde/qt (kde*-meta)
12 > ebuilds. Decide which ones to use and remove the others. qt you need to
13 > eventually update separatedly, i.e. emerge qt.
14 >
15 > 4) update world with the "ignore blocks" option turned on (don't know which
16 > that is, since I use paludis).
17 >
18 > 5) emerge --depclean (-p) to remove the cruft.
19
20 What if I ran the --depclean before updating world. Would that help
21 me get rid of some junk before updating it with `world'?