From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No audio from Firefox 47.0.1
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 18:29:27
1 On 07/17/2016 10:50 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Since I upgraded firefox recently I've lost sound from the BBC radio iplayer
5 > [1]. It loads the initial page but never returns from "Loading..." Remembering
6 > the news item about libav and ffmpeg I searched for corresponding USE flags
7 > against firefox but found neither.
8 >
9 > Has anyone else come across this? I didn't notice what was happening at first
10 > because I was tied up in knots with KDE-5. For the moment I'm going back to
11 > 45.2.0.
12 >
13 > [1] http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_three
16 I had this problem when I changed firefox to use chrome-binary-plugins.
17 Are you using pulseaudio?
18
19 In my case the plugin was muted, I went into pulse volume control and
20 found it. (This was after about 20 minutes of scratching my head
21 wondering why everything but firefox worked.)
22
23 Dan