From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No audio from Firefox 47.0.1
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 23:12:02
1 On Sunday 17 July 2016 11:29:14 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 07/17/2016 10:50 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Hello list,
4 > >
5 > > Since I upgraded firefox recently I've lost sound from the BBC radio
6 > > iplayer [1]. It loads the initial page but never returns from
8 > > for corresponding USE flags against firefox but found neither.
9 > >
10 > > Has anyone else come across this? I didn't notice what was happening at
11 > > first because I was tied up in knots with KDE-5. For the moment I'm going
12 > > back to 45.2.0.
13 > >
14 > > [1] http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_three
15 >
16 > I had this problem when I changed firefox to use chrome-binary-plugins.
17 > Are you using pulseaudio?
18 >
19 > In my case the plugin was muted, I went into pulse volume control and
20 > found it. (This was after about 20 minutes of scratching my head
21 > wondering why everything but firefox worked.)
22
23 No, it isn't audio failing, it's firefox not completing the connection with
24 the server.
25
26 No, I'm not using pulseaudio.
29 Rgds