From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:53:31
1 On Saturday 27 May 2006 17:01, fire-eyes wrote:
2 > On Saturday 27 May 2006 10:41, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > > True.  But why keep 3.4?
4 > >
5 > > because 3.5 has some bugs - and some people have less problems tolerate
6 > > this bugs than others.
7 >
8 > I must agree here. I have been using the 3.5 ebuilds since they entered the
9 > tree many months) on two systems.
10 >
11 > I still consider it buggy, and am quite surprised they have gone "stable"
12 > in gentoo.
13 >
14 > While they are not major issues, they are definately annoyances: One is
15 > that konqueror has an interestingly difficult time scrolling up and down
16 > pages if they have text boxes which are populated with text in them.
17 >
18 > Another is that kmail crashes. A *LOT*. A minimum of two times a day on me,
19 > I have seen as high as five.
20
21 kmail crashes me a lot because of this:
22 it tries to fetch mails from a defunc server (it is still in the prefs,
23 because it will be back in some weeks - and I don't know the pw anymore).
24 When I close kmail, while it waits for the timeouts: crash
25 Or it won't really stop (kmail and kio_pop3 still visible in ps aux),
26 advantage, when I start kmail again, I don't have to type in the
27 kwallet-pw ...
28
29 Oh, and logout most of the times only works on the second try ...
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list