From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: swaps mounted randomly [not out of the woods yet]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 18:04:44
1 On Thursday, 19 March 2020 17:03:15 GMT Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2020-03-19 10:59, n952162 wrote:
3 > > I changed the UUID of all the partitions of the second drive and now
4 > > all my devices are linked to in /dev/disk/by-uuid. I still have
5 > > no/dev/disk/by-label, though. Also, my swap file on a mounted drive
6 > > wasn't mounted, which was my original problem ;-(
7 >
8 > Do they in fact have labels? Just checking.
9 >
10 > Also, you're not not clear if your _partition_ still isn't getting
11 > mounted, or just the swap file not getting activated.
12 >
13 > For a problem like this, there _has_ to be something in the log.
14
15 We're using the term 'partition' here, but to avoid confusion, we have GPT
16 partition table UUIDs (PARTUUID) and we have filesystem UUIDs (UUID).
17
18 Similarly, we also have filesystem labels and GPT partition labels.
19
20 Therefore it helps if there is consistency in the IDs being used to mount
21 partitions.