From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: status of dev-java/icedtea
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 02:06:55
1 On 2016-07-02 14:00 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > The irony here is that I tend to favor keeping unmaintained packages
4 > around as long as possible. I've certainly gotten into arguments with
5 > treecleaners in the past. However, there are sometimes lines that
6 > packages end up on the wrong side of, and at that point either
7 > somebody has to put in the work to fix them, or they need to be
8 > removed.
9
10 So, what exactly *are* those red lines in the case of dev-java/icedtea?
11 As I wrote in my initial post in this thread, I can see no discussion of
12 this in the java mailing list.
13
14 I'm like James in that I can't use IRC for serious tech discussion
15 (although it is a fine replacement for talkd:) I can grok github to
16 some degree, so if there is a github project I can follow please point
17 me to it.
20 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
21 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?