From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel updates
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:36:58
1 On Thursday 27 October 2005 14:25, Digby Tarvin wrote:
2 > Thanks, but I am ok on configuring the kernels and then installing
3 > them in /boot.
4 >
5 > The thing which isn't clear to me is how I should get the
6 > 'linux-new_version' directory installed on my system without downloading a
7 > whole new install image and copying it across manually?
8 >
9 > Is there a kernel release tarball downloadable somewhere? Or is there
10 > some way to ask emerge to do this?
11 for example, i installed with emerge vanilla-sources. when a new version is
12 available, emerge vanilla-sources creates a new directory under /usr/src and
13 puts it there.
16 > Regards,
17 > DigbyT
18 >