From: Digby Tarvin <digbyt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel updates
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:31:31
1 Thanks, but I am ok on configuring the kernels and then installing
2 them in /boot.
3
4 The thing which isn't clear to me is how I should get the 'linux-new_version'
5 directory installed on my system without downloading a whole new install
6 image and copying it across manually?
7
8 Is there a kernel release tarball downloadable somewhere? Or is there
9 some way to ask emerge to do this?
10
11 Regards,
12 DigbyT