From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Accessing Linux filesystems from Windows with Crossmeta
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:52:35
1 Hi all!
2
3 Yesterday I stumbled over this project Crossmeta at
4 http://www.crossmeta.com/ that claims nothing less but having developed
5 Windows filesystem drivers for EXT, XFS, Reiser and so forth. I
6 immediatley downloaded everything that is there to download (for free)
7 but having difficulties to get it run.
8
9 Unfortunately after googling around for a bit I am not quite sure in
10 what shape this project actually is. So I'm wondering if there's someone
11 out there who is willing and able to help me out.
12
13 To the problem:
14
15 I strictly followed the instructions in crossmeta_jumpstart.pdf and
16 everything installed fine so far. What I don't understand are the
17 procedures one has to perform to mount an existing Linux XFS partition.
18 It looks as if you'd only have to run something like
19 "mount -t extfs /dev/daxxx /mnt" in a DOS-box but the only thing I get
20 is "mount: /mnt" and dmesg shows a couple of XFS related errors although
21 I properly installed the filesystem add-ons - xfs.sys and the others are
22 there. So in the moment I really have no clue how to continue.
23
24 Regards
25
26 spox