From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Calibre Update Problems
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 20:28:53
1 On Thursday 09 May 2013 15:36:28 Silvio Siefke wrote:
2
3 > But what can do? All what they speak i follow, nothing change. The bug i
4 > can not read, when use the link is empty. Can i install icu* 49, or what
5 > should do now. The mistake is on Laptop and on Desktop.
6
7 It may have nothing to do with your problem, but have you run python-
8 updater? I did that just now and it's rebuilding 16 packages, including
9 PyQt4. Not the same as QtWebKit I know, but I'm clutching at straws now.
10
11 Any time I suspect an inconsistency in my system I run python-updater, then
12 perl-cleaner, then revdep-rebuild. It sometimes helps.
13
14 I'm puzzled by the following, which I checked to compare with the import
15 error you quoted:
16
17 $ eix -c qtwebkit
18 [I] dev-qt/qtwebkit (4.8.4(4){tbz2}@08/05/13): The WebKit module for the Qt
19 toolkit
20
21 $ equery f qtwebkit | grep '.so.'
22 /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtWebKit.so.4
23 /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtWebKit.so.4.9
24 /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtWebKit.so.4.9.3
25
26 $ qfile /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtWebKit.so.4.9.3
27 dev-qt/qtwebkit (/usr/lib64/qt4/libQtWebKit.so.4.9.3)
28
29 Why the mismatched version numbers, anyone?
32 Peter