From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with xf86-video-ati & nvidia-drivers
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 01:11:14
1 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> [11-07-10 01:42]:
2 > When I was using an Nvidia video card, I noticed a strange sort of
3 > fuzzy edge effect if I used nvidia-drivers. xf86-video-nouveau didn't
4 > have the same problem. Now I've switched to an ATI video card and
5 > unfortunately I have the same problem with xf86-video-ati. I tried to
6 > enable the new modesetting radeon driver in the kernel to see if that
7 > would help but it doesn't work with my HD4250 card yet. Does anyone
8 > know how to fix this? Here's a photo of the effect around the mouse
9 > cursor:
10 >
11 > http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/cursor.jpg
12 >
13 > - Grant
16 Hi Grant,
17
18 just a shot in the dark:
19 The image looks to me as thos would be an analog instead of
20 an digital problem.
21 May be both propietary drivers switch to the highest possible
22 data transfer rate and this triggers the problem.
23 To check, whether this may be the problem:
24 Instruct the driver to use either low resolution or low refresh
25 rates. Check both.
26 If the problem changes signifiently: Change the cables.
27 May be only a pluf is not inserted correctly.
28 Addtionally you can move the cables arround to see whether
29 this will change the shadows around the cursor in any way...
30
31 Good luck! :)
32 Best regards
33 mcc