From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11 screwup
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:13:31
1 yes I hit it too - back before it hit stable. It seemed that going xorg
2 modular is a one way trip as you cant remove modular xorg easily unless
3 you keep an independent record of every package installed. I was pissed
4 because modular didnt work and I couldnt uninstall it! Eventually
5 updates caught up with and fixed the problem, but in the meantime I had
6 an unusable system. I realised the problem when I coulnt even downgrade
7 from 7.1 to 7.0 - this loss of control is a major pita with modular X.
8
9 BillK