From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11 screwup
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 05:37:47
1 "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> writes:
2
3 > yes I hit it too - back before it hit stable. It seemed that going xorg
4 > modular is a one way trip as you cant remove modular xorg easily unless
5 > you keep an independent record of every package installed. I was pissed
6 > because modular didnt work and I couldnt uninstall it! Eventually
7 > updates caught up with and fixed the problem, but in the meantime I had
8 > an unusable system. I realised the problem when I coulnt even downgrade
9 > from 7.1 to 7.0 - this loss of control is a major pita with modular X.
10
11 Maybe what is needed is an enhancement to portage to allow the removal
12 of a meta-package to (optionally) also remove the 'real' packages
13 which it caused to be installed.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list