From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] about to give up on systemd and gnome
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 19:50:13
1 Hi. Well, I thought I was making progress with systemd, but my gnome
2 session kept saying "oh no something has gone wrong" and would not
3 work. Also, after such a thing has happened, all my consoles would keep
4 using the last line to put every line and so I had to keep rebooting.
5 And when I would reboot systemd would not behave the same way, sometimes
6 it would hang at certain places, and sometimes it would go all the way
7 through, but things would not start properly -- maybe a concurrency
8 problem, but its hard to say what was going on. What a mess, but I
9 guess I have a setup which systemd does not like, too much parallellism
10 and no way to get things to start in the order I want them -- or at
11 least none I could figure out!
12
13 I am open to suggestions here, and I have a log segment I can put
14 somewhere to illustrage the "oh no" problem, but I am getting tired of
15 the mess and if I can find something which works with orca I will do
16 that instead.
17
18 Any suggestions appreciated.
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici