From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About the time sync with Windows and Gentoo
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 07:05:54
1 On Tuesday, July 08, 2014 02:45:41 PM taozhijiang wrote:
2 > Hi, all
3 > I have installed dual OSes on my laptop: Microsoft Windows 7 and Gentoo.
4 > But I can not sync the time with the different OSes.
5 > By default, Windows & shows the right time, but Gentoo failed, how to setup
6 > the system to fix the problem described above.
7 >
8 > I am in the Zone UTC+8, China/Beijing.
9
10 Please check the hwclock configuration:
11 **********
12 # cat /etc/conf.d/hwclock
13 # Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your Hardware Clock is set to UTC (also known as
14 # Greenwich Mean Time). If that clock is set to the local time, then
15 # set CLOCK to "local". Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
16 # you should set it to "local".
17 clock="UTC"
19
20 In other words:
21 Set the BIOS clock to the local time.
22 Set the following in the /etc/conf.d/hwclock file:
23 clock="local"
24
25 Also, ensure that MS Windows does the clock-changes between summer and winter
26 time (if that exists where you live).
29 Joost