From: Michael Cook <mcook@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About the time sync with Windows and Gentoo
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 07:28:01
1 On 07/08/2014 03:04 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, July 08, 2014 02:45:41 PM taozhijiang wrote:
3 >> Hi, all
4 >> I have installed dual OSes on my laptop: Microsoft Windows 7 and Gentoo.
5 >> But I can not sync the time with the different OSes.
6 >> By default, Windows & shows the right time, but Gentoo failed, how to setup
7 >> the system to fix the problem described above.
8 >>
9 >> I am in the Zone UTC+8, China/Beijing.
10 >
11 > Please check the hwclock configuration:
12 > **********
13 > # cat /etc/conf.d/hwclock
14 > # Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your Hardware Clock is set to UTC (also known as
15 > # Greenwich Mean Time). If that clock is set to the local time, then
16 > # set CLOCK to "local". Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
17 > # you should set it to "local".
18 > clock="UTC"
19 > **********
20 >
21 > In other words:
22 > Set the BIOS clock to the local time.
23 > Set the following in the /etc/conf.d/hwclock file:
24 > clock="local"
25 >
26 > Also, ensure that MS Windows does the clock-changes between summer and winter
27 > time (if that exists where you live).
28 >
29 > --
30 > Joost
33 It's actually recommended for dual booting with Windows Vista+ to set
34 Windows to UTC rather than setting Linux to local (Windows XP and
35 earlier apparently don't play nicely/can't be set to UTC)
36
37 This should tell you how:
38 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/time#UTC_in_Windows