From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Mplayer can't play DVDs
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 02:25:48
1 On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:35:41 -0600
2 Collins Richey wrote:
3
4 > On 8/27/06, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > > > It's a Dell laptop that's a couple years old. I don't like gmplayer
6 > > > > either. Is there any other way to use mplayer separate from the
7 > > > > command line to play DVDs?
8 > > >
9 > > > See the listing of front ends at
10 > > > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design3/projects.html
11 > >
12 > > I delved into that once and I just remember getting nowhere. Does
13 > > anyone use one they like? Preferrably one with an ebuild and not
14 > > dependent on K stuff.
17 I like kmplayer, but in reality I prefer no gui for mplayer. give me a
18 command line. sorry kmplayer does probably need some "k stuff"
21 > You could write yourself a little frontend with zenity (or similar) to
22 > feed the right parameters to mplayer.
23 >
24 > --
25 > Collins Richey
26 > If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
27 > of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
28 > --
29 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list