From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde/kdm ~x86 failure
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:59:58
1 I have had this same problem since updating to 3.5.3 and each of the
2 r* releases. Any ideas would be appreciated!
3
4 On 6/20/06, Michael W. Holdeman <mholdeman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > My up-to-date ~x86 laptop, that I updated last night now fails to start
6 > kdm/kde. It has been working fine, after adding the necessary lines to
7 > package.mask a month ago or so relating to xorg7 and nvidia-glx.
8 >
9 > I am not sure what was updated with my update last night that would have
10 > been giving me problems. X starts fine, and I try to run startkde from x and
11 > it starts then gives me a black screen.
12 >
13 > When booting kdm trys to start, gives me teh background then flashes the
14 > login box, then just keeps blanking, flashing teh login box.
15 >
16 > Any one else having this problem?
17 >
18 > Any idea what was updated in ~x86 yest. that would give me problems here? I
19 > have run a current cfg-update -u.
20 >
21 > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
22 >
23 > Mike
29 Jason Weisberger
30 jbdubbs@×××××.com