From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <mholdeman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kde/kdm ~x86 failure
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:38:34
1 My up-to-date ~x86 laptop, that I updated last night now fails to start
2 kdm/kde. It has been working fine, after adding the necessary lines to
3 package.mask a month ago or so relating to xorg7 and nvidia-glx.
4
5 I am not sure what was updated with my update last night that would have
6 been giving me problems. X starts fine, and I try to run startkde from x and
7 it starts then gives me a black screen.
8
9 When booting kdm trys to start, gives me teh background then flashes the
10 login box, then just keeps blanking, flashing teh login box.
11
12 Any one else having this problem?
13
14 Any idea what was updated in ~x86 yest. that would give me problems here? I
15 have run a current cfg-update -u.
16
17 Any suggestions would be appreciated.
18
19 Mike