From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xsane and sane compile error
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:52:51
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On Thursday 07 June 2007, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I'm doing my regular updates and got a strange error that looks like
6 >>>
7 >>> some dependency got missed somehow. This is the error I got:
8 >>>
9 >>>> checking for stpcpy... yes
10 >>>> checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
11 >>>> checking whether NLS is requested... no
12 >>>> checking for sane-config... /usr/bin/sane-config
13 >>>> checking for SANE - version >= 1.0.0... no
14 >>>>
15 >>
16 >> Odd. sane-config belongs to sane-backends, try re-emerge that one first,
17 >> then emerge xsane.
18 >>
19 >> What's the output of sane-config --version? (the thing may have gotten
20 >> deleted/trashed meanwhile by the elves/spooks/aliens/whathaveyou)
21 >>
22 >> alan
26 > Yea, I thought it was weird when I searched the forums and no one else
27 > had this error. Here is the info you requested:
28 >
29 >> root@smoker / # sane-config --version
30 >> 1.0.18
31 >> root@smoker / #
32 >
33 > I'll do some re-emerging and see what happens.
34 >
35 > Thanks
36 >
37 > Dale
38 >
39 > :-) :-) :-)
42 OK, update. I did a emerge sane-backends and then it has some config
43 files that needed updating and I did that. After that, the updates ran
44 fine. Maybe it just had to much to drink and got confused for a bit.
45
46 I did check the version above before I did the re-emerge though. So it
47 had a good version but just didn't seem to know it yet.
48
49 Thanks for the help.
50
51 Dale